This Modules is the foundation of cranial osteopathy. As an area of significant focus it will begin with the history of the modality from Dr. Sutherland and Dr. Weaver. The course covers the five phenomena, of which The Primary Respiratory Mechanism is derived. As the PRM fuels the focus of cranial it will be heavily emphasized as well as all structures involved in the vault and the diaphragms that follow.
The course will explore anatomy and theories of causation of the primary respiratory mechanism, the physiology of the PRM as well as contraindications and a protocol for treatment of the vault, diaphragms and sacrum.
- Craniosacral Manipulation - Theory
- Craniosacral Manipulation - The Vault
- Craniosacral Manipulation - Sphenobasilar Diagnoses
- Diaphragm diagnoses and treatment
- Cranial Vault Protocol
- Pharmacologic Implications
- Temporal Dysfunction, Dizziness
- Vertigo & Tinnitus
- Seizure Disorder